Winner at....

Featured At

Lasting Memories

Top 10!

Follow

I design for

Subjects of my obsession

Subjects of my obsession
Ashlea Danielle

Jon-Christopher

Jon-Christopher

Hadley Mae

Hadley Mae

Followers

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Better Scrap Reveal and a winner....

Good Morning,
I'm sorry this is kind of pieced together this morning. Our little man had to go to ER last night. He was fine and dandy then in just one spilt second he began to vomit and couldn't stop. He became limp, lifeless, and his eyes rolled back....we were scared to death and went straight to the ER. He got home about 3 am this morning. His white cell count is elevated, he got some ivs, and something for the nausea. He has been resting since....please pray for my little man.

And now I have the winner of my Lucky Girl Blog Party RAK.....

nursela said...
Oh yes! I did a 6x6 fall mini album and gave it away! The person I gave it to had such lovely pics of her and her boys in fall settings under beautiful trees etc., that I just HAD to give it to her! It was super fun to make!


September 3, 2010 2:08 PM------
Please email your shipping addy to me neeneesparks@gmail.com and Jessica will get this right out to you!

Thanks to everyone for following the blog party and for all your terrfic answers to my fall questions!

Are you ready for a new challenge reveal at Better Scrap?
Better Living Through Scrapbooking Challenge #6

“Bad photo challenge”
Create a layout using a photo or photos that you would normally have discarded or dismissed.

Chose at least 2 of the following:
1. Use rub-ons or stickers directly on your photo(s).
2. Use paint on your page in a messy or unusual way.
3. Use a die-cut or pre-purchased journaling “spot” on which to write your journaling.
4. Use this sketch as design inspiration for your page.
5. Make a handmade flower using Katie’s technique in our August 1st reveal, and use the flower on your layout.

Our sponsors for this month at Better Scrap are Graphic 45 and Discount Cardstock, so I've featured their yummy products in this layout

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Discount Cardstock “Patriot Blue Linen 12×12″; Patterned Paper: Graphic 45 “Hallowe’en in Wonderland”; Embellishments: Gauche Alchemy Punchinella, Making Memories journaling spot and silver alpha stickers, American Crafts white rub-ons, Prima bloom and brad, Doodle Genie template from Chatter Box, Gelly Roll white Pen

Criteria used:
I chose to use #1 rub-ons and stickers on the photo and #3 pre purchased journaling blocks. I love this photo of Ashlea at her most recent dance competition. It is blurry and the color is a tad off, but considering that it is a bad photo, I love how the layout turned out.

Thechnique used: I used a doodle template and a white pen to create a fresh little flourish on the Patriot Blue Linen cardstock. I decided that I’ve had this template for 4+ years and I need to make an effort to use it on more layouts.


We are holding a Labor Day giveaway on our Facebook page, and it’s so easy to win!

Just visit our Facebook page (if you’re not already a fan, just click the “like” button at the top of the page, and you’ll be signed in!) and look for the Labor Day giveaway post. Just leave a comment to that post, tell us your favorite inspirational quote, and you’re entered to win!

Once lucky recipient chosen at random from the eligible participants will win a Punky Sprouts album from their new Summer CHA release, along with a pack of My Little Shoebox alphabet stickers to help you decorate the album!


Hop on over to visit my Better Scrap DT sisters and say hello!
Blessings,

11 comments:

  1. Love the flower and the bling!your photo doesn't look bad to me--

    ReplyDelete
  2. The layout is so fitting with that photo...sassy! I love the photo, capturing them dancing is SO hard!

    Hope the little guy is feeling better soon, keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about your little man...that is scary!!! Hope he is feeling better soon!!!

    Congrats to the winner!!! That LO is great....bad photo should be easy for me...seems that is all I have been taking lately!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim, I love this LO! Great use of your template (I have a few of those also!), and I love the photo--it captures the motion of dancing! I pray for a speedy recovery of you little one.
    Hugs, RobinJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh Kim, sounds like the scariest night ever! Was it the food poisoning or the flu? I'm praying for him big time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Kim! And, btw, I just love the background on your blog! I'm so sorry to hear about your son. I sure hope he is feeling better this morning. About the time you were taking him to ER, I was leaving with my dtr so she could have my grandson at 6:32am! I'm exhausted! What happy news to come home too! I've been blessed twice today already!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope Little man is much better, poor little guy.
    Love the Ashley photo, not a bad thing about it, did a great job with this fun layout, and I love the sassy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your little guy recovers quickly, I know how hard it is to see our little loved ones sick!

    I love your layout and it certainly doesn't look like a bad photograph to me... at any rate you made it look awesome in this layout... it doesn't hurt that she is a real cutie-pie either!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. I skim too much! Hope your little guy is doing much better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. if this is a bad pic I must take awful ones. I love this sassy one. Your layout is marvy!

    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry to hear about you little man. Than is aweful. Prayers go out to him. Love you layout, it turned out so well.
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting...I hope you enjoyed my blog...Come back soon! xo Kim xo