Winner at....

Featured At

Lasting Memories

Top 10!

Follow

I design for

Subjects of my obsession

Subjects of my obsession
Ashlea Danielle

Jon-Christopher

Jon-Christopher

Hadley Mae

Hadley Mae

Followers

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Its A Beautiful Day....

Good Evening,
I have been enjoying this beautiful weather we're having! Ben and I went up to my daddy's orchard and sprayed the peach trees today. The bloom are all gone now, so the peaches will begin to grow in the next few weeks. He always has the best peaches, I suppose they are the best because they are grown on the hill just above my backyard!

Today, I bring you the weekend sketch from Practical Scrappers. Now I did take a few liberties with the sketch. I began with a card and mid-stream, changed my idea and ended up with a gift bag! At any rate, it was completely inspired by Gloria's sketch below.
Here's the gift bag, I told you I took a few liberties.....sometimes sketches just need to give you a place to start. I used the rainbow and girlie turtle images from Creations by Penny, our fabulous sponsor this month at Practical Scrappers. She has a brand new forum, please visit and say hello!
So I used the fabby digis, some Martha glitter, watercolor paper, pencils, I embossed the blue cardstock and used ink from and a sticker from CTMH. The bag, tissue, and ribbon are from the dollar store. I hope you enjoyed the fun bag, oh and don't forget, we are having our DT Call at Practical Scrappers until April 18, please stop by! We'd love to see your talents!
Blessings,

11 comments:

  1. WOW, you put Penny's images to such wonderful use! This is fabulous and will definitely put a smile on someone's face!! Awesome job my friend!! Happy! Happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came out sooo cute! I love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kim that bag is super cute....
    What nice bright cheery colors...love it.
    Hugs Wanda:-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the gift bag Kim! Great new blog and banner look as well. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for playing along with my sketch! I also think that sketches are STARTING points and you can go your own way once your creative ball gets rolling. I love to see all the different takes with the same sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute gift bag Kim! Love the rainbow and glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now how gorgeous is this beautiful gift bag, Kim! This is so sweet - just love it! :D So clever of you to do more with a sketch like that - it's darling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a fun idea hun - loving the swirly ribbon bits!
    Our fruit trees haven't even got as far as blooming yet, such a late season here!!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous gift bag. The recipient is so very fortunate.
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute....and what a great way to use that sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting...I hope you enjoyed my blog...Come back soon! xo Kim xo