Time for another challenge at Better Living through Scrapbooking.
October Challenge #4 is a Recipe Challenge:
October Challenge #4
“Favorite Recipe Challenge”
Create a page showcasing your favorite recipe that you received from your mother, grandmother, or other relative or family friend.
Chose at least 2 of the following:
1. Include a photo of yourself preparing the dish, or a photo of the completed dish.
2. Include a photo of the person who gave you the recipe.
3. Make a copy of the original recipe, or hand write the recipe on a card and include it on your layout.
4. Use cardstock as your background, but ink, stain, paint, or color-spray it to make it unique.
5. Use a shape punch or border punch somewhere on your page
Sponsored Supplies Used:
Cardstock: Discount Cardstock "Kraft 80# 12x12"
Stamps: For the Luv of Art, "Heart stamp set"
Stamps: Plaid All Night Media "Spatter stamp"
Papers and embellishments: Gauche Alchemy "Acme Mixed Media Paper Crafting Kit"
Paint: Plaid "Apple Barrel: "Barn Red"
Adhesive: Plaid "Mod Podge: Paper"
Adhesive: Plaid "Mod Podge: Dimensional Magic"
Adhesive: Plaid "Pop dots"
Additional supplies used:
Papers: Graphic 45 "Hallowe'en in Wonderland"
Inks: CTMH "Cocoa"
Alphabet: Making Memories "Noteworthy"
Punch: Creative Memories
Criteria I used:
2. Include a photo of the person who gave me the recipe
3. Make a copy or handwrite the recipe on a card and include on the layout.
4. Use cardstock as your background, but ink, stain, paint or color-spray it to make it unique.
5. Use a shape punch or border punch somewhere on your page.
Once again I let pant be my distressing inks. I used a barely dampened sponge to put barn red all about the edges of my Kraft cardstock. I used an old sewing pattern to give character to the cardstock then stamped and distressed with paint.
I really enjoyed scrapping this page. My husband loves to cook! His favorite comfort recipe is Unkie B's Vegetable Soup! Now I have this in his handwriting to pass down for generations to come.
Please be sure to visit Better Scrap for more inspiration from the Better Scrap ladies!