Winner at....

Featured At

Lasting Memories

Top 10!

Follow

I design for

Subjects of my obsession

Subjects of my obsession
Ashlea Danielle

Jon-Christopher

Jon-Christopher

Hadley Mae

Hadley Mae

Followers

Friday, June 18, 2010

Embellish it from around the house....

Happy Friday,
This is a scheduled post, so hopefully by the time you are reading it, my mom will already be in surgery or perhaps recovery. There is a very slight possibility that she will have the gall bladder removed here (we are in Virginia...she and my gran like the docs here..) and then travel to Kingsport, TN to see a gastroenterologist if she does indeed have a stone blocking the bile duct.
When we know more, I'll post an update. So continued prayers, please.

Now on to some happy scrappy goodies. It is Friday and that means a new challenge is up at Frosted Designs, this week our fabby sister, Joni is hostess. She is challenging us to create an embellishment from a household item.
Here is a close up of my embellie, do you think you know what common item I used for my lollipop flower?

If you guessed a toilet paper roll, you are correct! I used some nestie circle punches, crinkled them up, and applied some frayed burlap ink and there ya have it! This also fits the Practical Scrappers Monthly Bonus Challenge too! Check it out....

I made this for my size E (8.5 X 11) sheets of CTMH stamps. I removed it from the binder for the photo, I knew there would be glare. I want to see what you do with common items from around the house this week. Oh, and don't forget to visit the fabby Frosted DT ladies, trust me, they will inspire you to get creating.
And we have this yummy prize for June, all you have to do to be eligible to win, is PLAY ALONG....the more you play, the more chances you have at winning it!


I hope to see you at Frosted Designs this week!
Blessings,

16 comments:

  1. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toilet Roll huh?? Very innovative hun!! LOL
    Thinking of you all over there. . .
    Hugs,
    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new blog, sorry have not been around but life gets in the way. I think your toilet paper idea is magnificent!!!!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to recycle, what a great use for toilet paper rolls. Love the subdued colors Kim.
    hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that your Mom is doing well, will be praying!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got home late yesterday. Catching up with my blog reading. Will be keeping your Mom in prayer for sure. And I love your flower with the toilet roll. Very cool!
    Hugs to you!
    Angi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thoughts and prayers being sent your way!!!!

    I just adore that flower...and now I will have to start saving my toilet paper rolls...he will get a giggle out of this one!!!

    God's peace and healing be with you and your family today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thoughts and prayers to you my special friend...lots of cyber hugs....
    This is fantastic, love the look and feel and wow what a great use of that tp roll...wonderful challenge...love it...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute!! I love this challenge at Frosted Designs and will have to play along!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim... we are praying that the surgery is a success. We will keep those prayers coming!!

    And I have to admit... never would have guessed the toilet paper roll!!! It looks awesome and makes such a beautiful flower!!! LOVE your project!!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Many prayers for your mom, hope she is recovering well.

    Your flower is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGoodness, I would never have guessed a toilet paper roll, but you know, it looks pretty fabulous!!! I may have to recycle some of these.... Take care Kim!!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Prayers for your family..
    Love the TP flower...what a concept!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope that you had a restful weekend Kim. Love your flower. I really like the effect from the toilet paper roll. Will have to give it a try! Beautiful cover.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kim this is just beautiful!! I never would have guess what you pulled out of your cupboard had you not told us! AWESOME girl!

    hugs,
    Kerri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting...I hope you enjoyed my blog...Come back soon! xo Kim xo