Winner at....

Featured At

Lasting Memories

Top 10!

Follow

I design for

Subjects of my obsession

Subjects of my obsession
Ashlea Danielle

Jon-Christopher

Jon-Christopher

Hadley Mae

Hadley Mae

Followers

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Update on Granny

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers. My Gran got to come home from the hospital this evening. The tests results are all good, even her heart rhythm is normal today. Apparently, she just passed out standing, possibly from raising her head too quickly ( she was looking down at lawn cushions). I really don't know, but I know that her work here on Earth isn't over yet, praise God!

I'm having a difficult time trying to sleep, I keep seeing the look on her face as she was falling down and not being able to stop her. We are overly protective of her, hold on to her at all times. She had her cane, obviously didn't help at all. I was two feet away sliding something in the buggy. She remembers the exact conversation she and my mom were having. But there is at least 10 minutes after that she has no recollection of. She is the strongest person I know. Both physically and spiritually. Most ladies at 83 would welcome a shopping trip, being pushed in a chair, not my Gran. She says, "I'm 83, I'm independent, I need to walk" Well, we have new rules on my shopping trips now.....the wheelchair or NO shopping!

Again, thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and well wishes. Please continue to pray that her injury heals with no troubles.
Blessings,

11 comments:

  1. Great news Kim!! Glad she is home and feeling better.

    I'm sorry this happened and that you are having a hard time with it. I will keep you in my prayers!

    Maybe it was just too hot for her? This heat is something else!

    Hope you can get some rest tonite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, Glad to hear that she is okay and back home. Get some rest and feel better. Sending you hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came on to send an email and seen your post...I am so glad she got to come home. I will continue to keep you and her in my daily thoughts and prayers. Isn't your birthday tomorrow? I just remembered, I will get my card out to you late sweetie!!!
    I hope you have a relaxing weekend or what is left of one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim - glad to hear your Gran is at home & doing better! Hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo happy that your Gran is doing much better! Will send up continued prayers for her :)
    Hugs!
    Angi

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad your granny is well and home again. She sounds just like my gran, very strong minded. Look after her, she is in my thoughts.

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim, I'm so glad that your Grandmother is doing better!! What a strong woman she must be!! Will keep her and your family in my prayers.... Hope you got some rest this weekend, and sweetie, there wasn't anything more that you could've done. She is so lucky to have such a caring family that loves her so much!! Take care!!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad she is doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kim it must be a big relief to you that your granny is ok she sounds very strong and interdependent hope all goes well in the shopping events for the future lol.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim... I am a few days behind on my blogging and just found this message. I am so sorry to hear about your grandmothers scary incident. I am glad all seems to be fine with her!! My grandmother is 93 and I treasure every day I have... time passes way too quickly!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting...I hope you enjoyed my blog...Come back soon! xo Kim xo